Thursday, September 18, 2008

Wedded Bliss


We got married on September 6th in the Portland Temple, following a whirlwind couple of weeks where there was so much to do, other weddings

to attend, friends in town, etc etc! But it was all worth it. The night before the wedding we had a reception in Salem at the home of family friends Neil and Dianne Lathen. It was a lovely little reception with incredibly delicious cake and lots of friends and family.

The next morning Tom and I, and our parents, were at the temple at 10 am. I wore the sari I bought in India to the temple. Inside, we changed into white clothes, and were sealed at 11 am with many of our close friends and family in attendance. It was beautiful. We all cried.

After the temple we took pictures, which was pretty chaotic! Then we had lunch before Tom and I left for our honeymoon. The honeymoon was a big surprise for me (Alicia), Tom had planned it all out ahead of time and didn't tell me where we were going. We wound up driving to Olympia (I napped the entire 2 hours), spending the night at an amazing historic bed and breakfast there, http://www.swantowninn.com/, then the next morning we drove to Port Angeles and took the ferry to Victoria. We stayed in Victoria for a few days, and had fun going hiking, to the Butchart Gardens, kayaking and biking, and having dinner with our friends Betty-Ann and Graham who live there. It was fantastic, and a wonderful surprise!! The weather couldn't have been better, either, it was sunny every day!

The next Friday we had our reception in Seattle. It was pretty big and lots of fun, we even had a pinata! Tom and I enjoyed talking to all our friends, dancing, and having a great time. We are so grateful to everyone who helped us out and those who came and celebrated with us.

Now we are back at home and settling in to normal life. Look forward to more pics and videos of the receptions and wedding coming soon.

3 comments:

Holly & Matt said...

Congratulations! Sounds like everything went well. The honeymoon sounded magical! I was really wanting to come to the wedding but school started that week and everything.. blah.. well anyways, I can't wait to see more pictures!

Eva said...

congrats! We went to Victoria for our honeymoon too! xoxo Eva

Unknown said...

congrats! Alicia, sounds like a wonderful day! My mom gave me your blog address and told me to check it out, way cute. Hope you are enjoying married life. Take Care, Karin