Tuesday, July 15, 2008

All About Alicia

For those who know Tom, but don't know me, here is a little bit about myself. Tom will post a little about himself as well!

Alicia Joy Prychun was born in in 1977 in San Diego, California, to John and Debra Prychun. I have two younger siblings, my brother Shane, and my sister Hayley. Both Shane and Hayley are married, live in Salem, and have kids of their own (the most adorable nieces and nephews I'd ever met--until I met Tom's nieces and nephews!)

Our family moved to Salem Oregon in 1987, and my parents and siblings still live there. I moved to Seattle in 1997 to be a nanny and go to the University of Washington. I graduated with a degree in Comparative Literature in 2000. In 2002, I went on a mission for my church to the Netherlands, where I spoke both Dutch and Spanish! I speak Dutch and Spanish fairly fluently, and have studied French and Ukrainian as well.

I currently work for the YMCA as a Safety & Risk Manager, which means I create programs to keep people safe and from having accidents. I really enjoy my job, and I love working for an organization that does good things in the world.

Tom and I are both active members of our church, and are very involved in our roles there.

I like to do outdoor things like hiking and camping and water sports, read, go to concerts, hang out with friends, bike (I bike to work all summer!), cook, knit, sew, and go skinny dipping. I also like to spend lots and lots of time with TOM!

No comments: